Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Creative vision: a mindmap


Here is an ongoing mindmap I’ve been annotating with what I think are the keys for personal creativity. You could certainly expand this web more and more, but some of these ideas are worth considering.

The image can be enlarged at a mouse click, but I also have some other goodies for you if you wish to take a closer look or even use it as a starting point for your own version:
All of these versions have been generated from a single master file in the Open-source program FreeMind.

I hope you find some stimulating idea in this map!

Mind maps, concept maps and related diagrams are a very good tool not only for creativity, but also for organization. You get a bird’s view of the whole project and the associated tasks. And there is a variety of Mind Maps Books you can check out.

2 comments:

ParisBreakfasts said...

I looks like you have to be orderly to do this mind mapping...
Humm..no good for us messy ones :(

ottoblotto said...

wow! such organization! I'm impressed. I shudder to think what a map of my mind would look like. a bird's nest, most likely...

1000 Heads: the book

1000 heads, my illustration book

My artwork at Flickr

Inspiring books for the creative type

My GTD (Getting things done) illustrations

I conceived this blog basically to share my visual side notes of the Getting things done process. My most recent posts about GTD software and related topics have “masked” the original posts.

You can access most GTDrawings in the archive of december 2005 and january 2006.

Here's a miniature with most of my sketches: this is what you will find, commented and in larger sizes, in those previous posts.

See also the article about GTD drawings.

Subscribe - RSS summary: