First, I must say I love their slogan: “If you don't have time to download and use this software then you really need it.”
What ThinkingRock can do for you is better explained quoting the developers’ explanation:
The philosophy of the program is simple: it allows you to collect your thoughts and process them into actions, projects, information or future possibilities. Actions can be done by you, delegated to someone else or scheduled for a particular date. Projects can be organised with ordered actions and sub-projects. You can review all of your actions, projects and other information quickly and easily to see what you need to do or to choose what you want to do at a particular time.I like the export functions of the program: it will generate custom lists of actions, projects with actions sorted by context, an ical calendar with tasks and events, and even print in a Pocketmod format. It’s a great piece of software!
Why we recommend ThinkingRock:
- It will help you to store in one safe place all the things you have to do or would like to do one day;
- Unlike many task management applications, ThinkingRock lets you to group your actions in projects and sub-projects;
- It gets you moving on your thoughts by encouraging you to think of the next physical action to take;
- It has good on-line help;
- We provide free customer support;
- The data file is separate so you can have the application installed on your home computer and at work, and transfer the small data file between computers; or simpler still: run it from your pen (USB) drive;
- It is multi-platform (Java): use it on Linux, Machintosh, or Windows;
- And, best of all: It's free.