Monday, November 20, 2006

My personal GTD workflow

click the image to see a bigger version
This image (click it to see a bigger version) represents the practicalities of my normal organisation system. As you can see, I try to keep it as simple as possible. Otherwise, you must spent your time organising your organisation!

Both the digital and the paper-based sections are equally important for me, but I could skip either the digital or the paper compartments if necessary. If I only needed the digital tools, for example if most of my projects were done in the computer, I probably would need fewer printouts and I could even get rid of the paper organiser, except for the occasional to-do list and other kinds of reminder lists. Similarly, if I seldom used the computer, I would work it out only using the paper-based tools on the outside of the circle.

This method seems to work for me. Note I have put the ThinkingRock program as the centerpiece of the digital section, but you could use other GTD-centric applications as well, either alone or in combination. The list on the right side, GTD-relevant links, points to some of these solutions. But as I said, I prefer the leanest option available, and I prefer using a single program in a single instance (running from an USB drive.)

Feel free to download the bigger graphic and use it with a Creative Commons Licence.

Of course: I would like to hear your opinions. Is your system even simpler? Do you have some brilliant hack? What do you think?

3 comments:

formless said...

Awesome Stuff!

DanGTD said...

For implementing GTD you might try out this new web-based application:

http://www.gtdagenda.com

You can use it to manage your goals, projects and tasks, set next actions and contexts, use
checklists, schedules and a calendar.

Hope you like it.

Sarah Hall said...

I don't know how to express my gratitude! Your work is great! Simply go to http://proofreading-services.org/proofreader.php, and see how greatly we can help you with your content!

1000 Heads: the book

1000 heads, my illustration book

My artwork at Flickr

Inspiring books for the creative type

My GTD (Getting things done) illustrations

I conceived this blog basically to share my visual side notes of the Getting things done process. My most recent posts about GTD software and related topics have “masked” the original posts.

You can access most GTDrawings in the archive of december 2005 and january 2006.

Here's a miniature with most of my sketches: this is what you will find, commented and in larger sizes, in those previous posts.

See also the article about GTD drawings.

Subscribe - RSS summary: