Thursday, November 16, 2006

Clear mind: the mind as water state


As a contribution to the Illustration Friday project, I created an image for the theme of the week, clear. A rather abstract concept which admits a great variety of treatments. My concept can be related with one of the central ideas in the GTD method: keeping a clear mind, a mind as water state, with all the worries related to the organisation of your tasks safely removed from your body “RAM” and put into an efficient and trusted external system.
This illustration is made up of some forms suggesting the open space and a head taken from my Capsbats series. This is a digital image made with vectorial shapes (although these heads were originally ink drawings, prior to scanning and tracing.)
If you wish to see a bigger version, just click the picture above or this link.
The bigger version, by the way, makes a beautiful wallpaper for your computer. Use the centered setting and choose a dark blue background color, and you should enjoy the picture while having neat space on the four sides to have your desktop icons arranged.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Really communicates the mind like water idea in a colourful way.

Anonymous said...

Great picture. I would love to have a bigger version to print it out for my home office as a poster. It would nicely fit and help clear my mind.
redbaron_no2@hotmail.com

alpa said...

Hi Joan,

Came across your site while browsing around…cool stuff u have going on here. Also I thought I’d tell u about something I came across, thought u might find it useful, bcoz ur in Technology…it’s this site called Myndnet…u should check it out..the link is here http://www.myndnet.com/login.jsp?referral=alpa83&channel=al685

It’s this cool place where u get paid for responding to queries…very cool stuff!! http://www.myndnet.com/login.jsp?referral=alpa83&channel=al685

Sign up n lemme know what u think…my mail id is barot.alpa@gmail.com

Cheers
Alpa

Sarah Hall said...

How interesting the comparison is! Our professionals are eager to help you with any writings - contact them here! The digital image made with vectorial shapes!

1000 Heads: the book

1000 heads, my illustration book

My artwork at Flickr

Inspiring books for the creative type

My GTD (Getting things done) illustrations

I conceived this blog basically to share my visual side notes of the Getting things done process. My most recent posts about GTD software and related topics have “masked” the original posts.

You can access most GTDrawings in the archive of december 2005 and january 2006.

Here's a miniature with most of my sketches: this is what you will find, commented and in larger sizes, in those previous posts.

See also the article about GTD drawings.

Subscribe - RSS summary: