Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Rounding things up

Today we finish with the original sketches I made during my particular reading of Getting Things Done. I hope some of these images have contributed somehow to enrich your own experience or provided an additional insight about the topics covered in the book.
Next weeks I will upload some related drawings.



The someday/maybe category of your organising system may contain those things that lay farther ahead on your future. It is necessary to envision what really matters to you to set the goals (realistic goals) for the next years of your life.





Try to have your colleagues let you lead a well organised work environment. They should follow your advice and use your IN basket to your advantage.






One of the most important things one should get used to is to taking advantage of odd windows of time. Those moments when you really could do some task and save more quality time for other activities or simply leaving more free time. You can do things whenever you're waiting on a queue, on a waiting room, a traffic jam... just have your laptop, pda or your notebook close at hand.





Why 43 folders? You wonder... really simple. That's how you set up a functional tickler file.

1 comment:

Alina Chau said...

enjoy your quick sketches!! Fun, spontaneous and get the story across!! :)

1000 Heads: the book

1000 heads, my illustration book

My artwork at Flickr

Inspiring books for the creative type

My GTD (Getting things done) illustrations

I conceived this blog basically to share my visual side notes of the Getting things done process. My most recent posts about GTD software and related topics have “masked” the original posts.

You can access most GTDrawings in the archive of december 2005 and january 2006.

Here's a miniature with most of my sketches: this is what you will find, commented and in larger sizes, in those previous posts.

See also the article about GTD drawings.

Subscribe - RSS summary: