Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The power of focus


I agree with the importance of seeing yourself doing something if you really want to do it easily. Many painters actually see themselves painting a canvas. What do you think they do, sitting hours in front of a work in progress? Claude Monet’s latest landscapes are very deceptive in this sense: while they seem a very quick and improvisational work, he spent a lot of time in each painting, most of it seeing himself paint.
(Click the image for a bigger version.)

No comments:

1000 Heads: the book

1000 heads, my illustration book

My artwork at Flickr

Inspiring books for the creative type

My GTD (Getting things done) illustrations

I conceived this blog basically to share my visual side notes of the Getting things done process. My most recent posts about GTD software and related topics have “masked” the original posts.

You can access most GTDrawings in the archive of december 2005 and january 2006.

Here's a miniature with most of my sketches: this is what you will find, commented and in larger sizes, in those previous posts.

See also the article about GTD drawings.

Subscribe - RSS summary: